There has been much emphasis on crowdfunding though there should be a view point towards people crowd gifting. I will explain further, suppose people were to donate items to persons who are seeking funds to raise for a venture.
This would occur by providing them with items which you do not want and listing through Ebay or a second hand selling site, you would then be able to take the proceeds from the sale after the item has been sold.
This would mean you could donate to a campaign if you did not have the funds by selling an item and pledging the proceeds to the campaign.
My viewpoint came from my experiences of giving to charities in the UK, where I often donate books and DVD etc to charity shops as I just cannot be bothered to sell them online and besides some of the smaller charities do some good work and I am very supportive of local charities who do good community work, I also buy many books and redonate them once I have finished.
There are online services online which can allow you to donate items and they will take the proceeds and pass them on to the charity/thrift organisation you would want the items to go to.
As stated above there are other ways in which you can ensure your funds go to another party, this could be through arranging with the individual or group recieving the funds that you will pledge the value of the item if it is sold.
There are things which can be looked at to see how and if it can work, at least it is something to think about.
- Whether or not an agreement can be made to accept donations in this manner.
- The items donated for sale may not sell.
- To get the funds will require much effort as going to a charity/thrift shop as you will need to post and package the item to the sellar.
- Unknown value of the item until sold.
- Difficult to get a standard price of all items as most venutres will be for business, rather than charitable.
- More donations as many people will have items to sell.
- Very Accessible to those with little funds but many items
- Pledges do not have to be made until the item is sold and the value from that item gained.
- More access to others who might have a passing interest rather than a full interest.
- Takes dedication and interest in the campaign and the projects of the person/group asking for the donation.
- This could be a way of asking businesses and organisations if they have any old stock which they can donate to sell for the cause/project you have.